Getting the right equipment increases the level of enjoyment that can be derived from any activity. The case of a trampoline is no different.
Getting the perfect size trampoline can increase the pleasure you derive from your jumping.
It also makes the activity safer and protects your body from physical damage. However, many people find it difficult to determine the trampoline’s perfect size to match their needs perfectly.
However, no definitive guide is currently available on the internet in this regard.
To answer the question, there is no magic size of the best trampoline you can get. Instead, several factors collectively decide the size you need to get for your trampoline, such as your available space, your budget and the size of people who will be using it.
Carry on reading to find out what these factors are and how they work.
Factors That Determine The Size of Trampoline You Should Buy
The following factors are crucial determinants of the trampoline’s right side you should buy for your business.
We have divided each element into its constituent determinants to make understanding easier.
The trampoline’s shape is crucial in determining the right size you need to purchase to enjoy yourself. In most cases, household users prefer buying round trampolines due to their aesthetic value.
Additionally, such trampolines work well in most scenarios. The basic idea behind a round trampoline is the spring’s action on the base area and perimeter.
A round shape can also work better if you’re wanting to sink your trampoline into the ground.
The safest jumps are those that the jumper conducts near the center of the trampoline. As such, you need a large center size. The most common trampoline size for round trampoline used by children is 8 feet.
This size offers enough space for the child to enjoy themselves on the trampoline while protecting them from any wrong fall outside the trampoline area.
Number of Jumpers
If you wish to use round trampolines for two or more jumpers concurrently, you may shift to the medium 10-to-12-foot range.
Here, you get enough area to avoid banging or colliding with the other jumper. Additionally, they offer more space to perform different tricks.
Tricks and Acrobatics
Finally, you can shift to the sizeable 14-to-16-foot category if you want to conduct harder tricks on this trampoline.
However, such large sizes may work well only if you are a professional jumper who performs complicated tricks.
Also, it may work well if three or four people need to jump simultaneously—for example, kids in a nursery school.
Oval trampolines may be the design of choice for some jumpers. The trampolines are ideal for multiple bouncers because they provide a substantial jumping area.
Thus, you need a smaller size of them compared to round trampolines. Generally, a 10’ x 14’ trampoline may be suitable for most jumpers.
Otherwise, you may select an 11’ x 16’ trampoline if you require a larger area.
Square vs. Rectangle
Finally, you have the option to select between square and rectangle trampolines. These trampolines offer a much larger area compared to the previously mentioned types.
As such, you may derive the same level of convenience from a smaller sized trampoline. Thus, most people prefer buying two six feet square trampoline for personal use.
Similarly, you may get a 7 x 10 to feel rectangular trampoline for easy usage by three or more people and these are great dimensions for using a basketball hoop on a trampoline.
The shape of the trampoline also determines the maximum size of the trampoline you can purchase.
For example, if you buy a low yet very wide round trampoline, the chances are that you may hit the hard surface during a massive jump.
Additionally, you may also need to frequently repair your trampoline’s body due to the excessive shock absorbed during each jump.
Other Factors That Affect the Ideal Trampoline Size
Multiple other factors also affect the ideal size of your trampoline. Here are a few of the most common factors
- Your trampoline size gets affected by the budget you have for the purchase. A round trampoline in normal material may not cost very high to buy. However, you may need to pay huge sums if you wish to purchase a high-quality rectangle trampoline. Thus, do check your budget with the price-tags on available trampoline sizes before making any purchase.
- Your usage of the trampoline is a major determinant as well. Remember, you need more area to perform the more complex stunts. Additionally, a larger area may be needed if two or more people are going to person stunts on the same trampoline. Try testing the trampoline for your usage before selecting the final size to buy.
- Trampoline size also depends on the area you have. For example, if you have a small garden where you can only place a small trampoline, there is no point in getting a larger one. However, you have a complete backyard where you can install a large trampoline easily; it increases your options to get different sizes.
- The type of use also determines your trampoline size. If you plan to install the trampoline on commercial premises, such as a trampoline park, it will be a better option to buy a larger trampoline. However, a trampoline for home use may be of a small or medium size.
- The surface quality of the trampoline matters as well. A good quality trampoline with a robust surface can offer you a higher jump from a smaller area. However, you may need a larger trampoline to get the same push if the surface is not robust enough. Thus, prefer checking the surface’s quality and the maintenance it requires before selecting the best size for your trampoline.
Your trampoline can be of any size, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Try ticking all the checkboxes before buying your trampoline. Do let us know in the comments section if our guide helped you determine your ideal trampoline size.