When searching for the best fireplace blowers, it’s essential to ensure that the size of the blower matches the size of your fireplace.
Fireplace blowers help circulate air, preventing smoke and evenly warming rooms.
Heat will be pulled from the room when you don’t have a fireplace blower.
Many universal models function by drawing in cold air from the bottom and blowing out warm air from the top.
This process is crucial for creating a safe and adequately heated space.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following details about fireplace blowers:
- Details about the best fireplace blowers available.
- What to look for when buying a new one.
- How do these internal fans function?
Let’s review the best fireplace blowers!!!
Table of Contents
The Best Fireplace Blowers
We narrowed down the field to the five best fireplace blowers.
The overall top pick is the VICOOL Speed Variable S31105, followed by the Tjernlund 950-3307 Universal as the runner-up.
The FireplaceBlowersOnline GFK-160 was a standout for a premium fireplace blower.
Let’s take a more in-depth look at the five best fireplace blowers.
Fireplace blowers can create a lot of noise if they’re old, clogged, or low-quality.
However, the FireplaceBlowersOnline GFK-160 Kit is an excellent option that offers high power output and operates silently.
It uses two fans, one on either side, to push and pull air through it, making it an efficient and quiet solution for your fireplace.
Additionally, it is an energy-efficient blower that consumes minimal watts, unlike old blowers that consume excessive power and raise electricity bills.
However, this blower fan uses less energy and is compatible with most fireplaces.
- Energy-efficient design that saves you money on your power bill.
- It won’t make too much noise, unlike most other fireplace blowers.
- It’s compatible with most fireplaces that fit its dimensions.
The Airblaze T12 Universal Fireplace Blower can be installed within minutes.
Its rapid installation process is enhanced by its powerful output.
This fan sits underneath the fireplace and pulls cold air from the bottom, heats it from the flames, and pushes warm air out of the top vent.
Most popular fireplace brands like Lennox and Majestic fit this universal-size fan.
The fan also features a 10-speed controller with a timer that can be set whenever the fireplace is used.
An alarm on the fan triggers when it’s too warm, too cold, or finished working.
- It comes with a remote controller that includes several settings.
- It fits the most common fireplace brands at a standard size.
- Quick and simple installation process.
The Tjernlund Universal Fireplace Blower Fan comes in two sizes: 10-inch and 15-inch.
You can also get it in a Deluxe 15-inch size for more air movement.
It is compatible with additional installations that can reduce the noise output, allowing you to adjust it to fit the perfect noise level rather than having a loud fan that outperforms the fireplace.
This fireplace blower fan can be quickly installed by attaching it to the bottom and back of the fireplace, unlike the Airblaze fan, which only attaches to the bottom.
The cold air is drawn in and converted to warm air within the durable metal exterior of the fan.
- It comes in three different sizes to fit most fireplaces.
- Adjustable noise level and fan power to fit your fireplace’s needs.
- Durable construction protects the blower fan.
If you are searching for a blower fan that can fit almost any type of fireplace, then the Universal Fireplace Blower Fan by Rotom is an ideal choice.
This fan is installed on the side of your fireplace to cool off its interior while drawing in cold air from the room.
It effectively circulates the air, keeping your room comfortably warm during the cold season.
Unlike most other blowers that sit in a tubular shell, this one is a typical circular fan.
This fan has two speeds, with a maximum speed of 3,000 RPMs.
It provides enough power to do its job while also reducing energy consumption effectively.
To use it, simply drive screws through the 4.25-inch bracket and seal the fireplace.
It’s compatible with most brands, but check the manufacturer’s guidelines to be specific.
- Two speeds to circulate the air inside your fireplace.
- 4.25-inch brackets hold the fan in place.
- Includes a manufacturer sheet to match it with your exact model.
If you have a wood stove, finding the correct type of fireplace blower can be challenging.
The Vicool Speed Variable Fireplace Blower is a versatile product that can be used with most wood-burning stoves.
It comes with a bracket that has four holes, one at each corner, to fasten it in place securely.
As the air flows through the blower, it helps prevent excessive smoke accumulation.
The blower’s ventilation holes allow effortless air passage.
This process reduces electricity bills by conserving energy.
The compact size fits most fireplaces.
- Small enough to work with most wood stoves.
- Easy to install in only a couple of minutes.
- Includes pre-drilled ventilation holes for energy conservation.
Fireplace Blower Buyer’s Guide
Before purchasing a new fireplace blower fan, make sure it is compatible with your current fireplace model.
A handful of fireplace blowers are too big for some fireplaces, while others don’t put out enough cooling ventilation to be effective.
Here’s a list of what you can look for when you’re getting the best fireplace blower for you:
- First and foremost, you must ensure the blower will work with your fireplace. Check the guidelines of your current manufacturer to line it up with the code on the blower’s compatibility chart. You can narrow down the list when you figure out which blowers will work with your fan.
- Next, you must know how to install the blower fan. If it seems too complicated on your own, you might want to consider hiring a professional. For the most part, all of the fans on the list work with the most standard fireplaces. They usually take 10 to 15 minutes to install, but you can manage even less time if you’re mechanically inclined.
- Can you adjust the fan, and if so, how many settings are there? Adjustments are significant if you want to save money on your electricity bill. Some come with controllers, whereas others adjust based on the fireplace’s needs. Also, review the energy output as well.
- How big is the fan? There are several sizes, ranging from 9 inches to 15 inches or more. More giant fans usually cost more money, but they provide more cooling power. As long as it fits the requirements of your fireplace, it can be used.
Fireplace blowers prevent warm air from being pulled out of the room when a fire burns and heat rises up the chimney.
If a blower is installed, the heat is recirculated through the room without sending smoke.
Here’s a quick recap on finding the best fireplace blowers:
- Fireplace blowers save money, cool the room, and prevent smoke inhalation.
- Always refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations for your fireplace.
- There are plenty of different blower fan sizes to look through.
Choosing one of the best fireplace blowers will make your indoor heating experience that much better.
We put so much effort into cutting logs and storing them by our fireplace to ensure lasting heat while enjoying the fire.
Why not add a fireplace blower to make it more efficient while heating your space?
I hope this article helps with your decision!
Enjoy living the outdoor life!!!